Monday, June 20, 2011

Cream Scones

These were kind of famous in my high school. Once one of my friends ate 13 of them. They're so yummy and small, it's hard not to eat a bunch!

What You'll Need:

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
1 cup heavy cream

How To Make It:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Add the cream to the flour mixture, stirring until moistened. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.

1 comment:

  1. I had these overseas.... finding a recipe was on my list of things to do tomorrow... now I already have one check mark. So thanks for putting me ahead! PS. Next time you're bored, come have some tea! :-)

    ReplyDelete