Sunday, August 14, 2011

Broccoli Salad

This is adapted from a recipe from Pat, a friend in my Bible study group. I normally don't like broccoli, but I can't get enough of this stuff. And my husband even said "I like the salad" when I served it, which means it must be good because he rarely says anything about what I make, except for "mmm" when it's chocolate.

What You'll Need:

2 large broccoli crowns, chopped
1 heaping cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1 heaping cup shredded casserole blend cheese
1 package real bacon bits
Golden raisins, optional (I used three of those snack-sized cartons)
2 cups Miracle Whip
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp white vinegar

How to Make It:

Combine the broccoli, cheeses, bacon pieces, and raisins in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip, sugar, and vinegar until creamy. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine completely. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. The salad may need to be stirred again before serving, as the dressing tends to settle into the bottom of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment