Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chocolate Biscuits

This is a southern thing. Anytime you try to describe this dish to anyone not from Kentucky and below, they think you're weird. Trust me. It's not at all nutritious (neither is most breakfast food sold at the grocery), but very yummy and I'm pretty sure I had it for breakfast for half the Sundays of my life, from the time I started eating solid food to the time I got married and moved out. This recipe serves four people, with two biscuits a piece.

What You'll Need:

One can refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla


How To Make It:

Prepare the biscuits as directed on the packaging. While they're baking, heat the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally. When it's done, it'll be about the consistency of chocolate syrup. Split two biscuits on each plate and pour the chocolate sauce over them. These must be served with a very large glass of milk (or a can of Mountain Dew, if you're my dad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment